Kingswood Rest Homes offer a wide range of activities available to our Residents every day, including:
- Bowls, Croquet and Mini Golf
- Sing-a-longs and Exercise to Music, Music Therapy
- Television / DVD’s, Walks and Dancing
- Interesting Arts and Crafts, Ceramics and Woodwork
- Regular Minibus Outings
- Reading – daily news and books, Board Games, Quizzes , Cards
- Gardening and Garden Art, Pet Therapy.
We have full-time Activities Coordinators working in all our Rest Homes. They are responsible for coordinating the daily activities. Our Activities Coordinators often take our Residents on outings to town, the beach or other places of interest. Residents from one Rest Home often visit the other Rest Homes to share in activities, functions and theme days.
Many of the Residents enjoy pottering around in the Garden and at our Homes we grow fresh veggies which we use in our daily preparation of meals.
In our Dementia Facilities, Residents are encouraged to assist with daily chores, as this gives them a sense of worth and makes them feel more at home in their surroundings.